DANDELION


   

Sleepless nights chewing me bit by bit,
Rest from unrest, all I wanted.
Away from those who arose a storm in my mind.
Tornados of thoughts crumbling down my every last brick,
Like frenzies cast in a boneyard,
Strewn with remnants of broken souls.   
Bemused me, entangled like DNA, 
With interrogations inhabiting my sonic mind.
Have you ever heard your sober soul?
Ever seen it breathe to solace?
Ever pampered this gifted garb with milk and honey?
I ponder umpteen times as I jostle my way,
Hiding my insecurities in humour rather than ostracizing myself.


Who is it, burning me out?

Like a lightening strike, when it is all sunshine and rainbows.
My soul craving to be captured in a kaleidoscope,
Are you the one forcing me to blend into man’s spiteful hues?
Colours he uses to paint his darkness,
In a picture, as dark and cold and empty as the cosmos.

Want to distance myself till I find the right key.

A key that saves a musical rendition from a cacophony.
I no longer desire this pathetic act of self-remorse
Rather pull the strings of self love in this crimson pump.
If I could turn the clock back; Where do I begin? Where do I end?
Doesn’t matter, isn’t it the monsoon I crave and the autumn I let go.
[Looking over the horizon with these thoughts occupying my mind, I gazed upon a
masterpiece] 
   
I beheld my answer, The Dandelion
In its blaze of glory, with Wings free to ascend the snowy tops
As white and pure it already is.
Itself lifted by countless parachutes in such unison.
Sprinting across places, shedding a part of it every time
Oh! Dandelion, in utter humility, I enquire
What is it to lose Thy sheen to the obscure?
“Gain it is, not loss. Not yourself, but your deeds”, He replied.
Realization dawned, indeed my powerful deeds,
I shall sow wherever I go.
To grow, grow and grow and,
Eventually bear fruits, the world will relish for eternity.


By Saloni Sahu

Comments

Popular Posts