The Rose

heard a rosebud crackle into a celibate bloom
(Like dark clouds that come but never rain)
I saw the bloom die as it had no better doom
(Like dark clouds that fill the sky in vain)

I was trying to see the green under the vast blue sky
I was haunted by you every night
I saw the hummingbird die
I think it tried to say, "it's my right... "

I was past the dahlias next
I heard them remorse the rose's plight
Next I hear them exchanging a bet
"How long before the rose loses its might?"

I saw you exchanging minds with them
I heard you despise me, before that day
Do we still suffer the loss from fame?
I'm afraid I thought we were fine like May

Are we still short of another firefly?
"He wouldn't let the rose die"
I heard you telling them
It escaped my mind, the green stem

What made you think that?
Do you even have a right?
The old rose was almost dead
I was waiting, it may be the moonlight

And I'm still, like every night
I get haunted like every time
I heard my rose sprout through the core
I saw the bud and you behind the old-wood-lime

I wanted to pluck the bud right next
Because I saw you stare awhile
But then I did not
Because I saw you smile


By Sanskar Mishra

Comments

Popular Posts